GREENVILLE, S.C. (May 28, 2013) – Brought to market in early 2012, the MICHELIN PRO4 road bicycle tire range continues to enjoy success around the world, with the one-millionth tire sold this month.
Designed to meet the expectations of amateur riders as well as professional cyclists, the range comprises six versions, currently available in six colors and six sizes. The MICHELIN PRO4 line entered the market with four tires and has since grown to include two new tires for 2013: the MICHELIN PRO4 Grip and MICHELIN PRO4 Tubular.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Service Course offers the perfect balance between sport riding and longevity. In addition to improving safety, it increases cornering speed on wet roads by an average of 16%.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Endurance is intended for riders who want long-lasting tires. With added protection against cuts and scrapes, the tire combines high-level performance and outstanding longevity.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Comp Service Course was developed for cyclists looking for maximum rider output and efficiency. The tire delivers a very low rolling resistance and unparalleled grip on wet roads.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Comp Limited Service Course targets riders who demand speed. It offers the lowest rolling resistance in the road tire lineup and enables cyclists, while producing the same effort, to cover an additional four meters per minute*. It’s also the lightest tire in the range, weighing only 165 grams in size 23-622.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Grip is ideal for challenging conditions. It enables cyclists to ride in cold weather, on roads that are wet and/or in poor condition.
- The MICHELIN PRO4 Tubular was designed for high-level racing. Marking the brand’s return to the tubular market, it’s a latest generation tubular tire reinforced with high-density puncture protection. Featuring a latex inner tube, it fully meets the expectations of committed racers.
Thanks to the advanced technologies deployed by the Michelin Group and an annual research and development budget of €622 million, each tire in the MICHELIN PRO4 lineup delivers more performance in terms of safety, riding enjoyment and total mileage. This ability to deliver more performance in areas that often make contradictory demands without requiring any sacrifice on the part of users is at the heart of the Group’s global strategy, which is called Michelin Total Performance.
*Compared with the MICHELIN PRO4 Service Course
About Michelin North America
Michelin, the leading mobility company, is dedicated to enhancing its clients’ mobility, sustainably; designing and distributing the most suitable tires, services and solutions for its clients’ needs; providing digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences; and developing high-technology materials that serve a variety of industries. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) has more than 21,400 employees and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.