Discover the themes of the next world summit on sustainable mobility
MONTRÉAL, Oct. 26, 2017 – From May 30 to June 1, 2018, Michelin’s flagship event on sustainable mobility will elevate conversations to a whole new level. This year, the overall theme is “Bringing global, smart, sustainable and multimodal mobility to life.” Within this, six new subject areas will fuel the discussions, aiming to move from ambition to action.
Following the resounding success of the 2017 edition, Movin’On 2018 will turn ideas into solutions and implement a concrete roadmap to bring sustainable transport to life. Here are the six new topics to be tackled:
1. Decarbonization and air quality, a theme that focuses on low-carbon transport and the implementation of a global macro-roadmap to achieve clean and sustainable mobility by 2050, as required by the COP21.
2. Combining forces to move forward: the new multimodal society, a theme that focuses on intelligent logistics, urban mobility and user experiences, whether to accommodate low-impact mobility solutions, to rethink spaces allocated to traditional cars or to anticipate the emergence of green vehicles.
3. How innovative technologies accelerate implementation, a theme that focuses on concrete solutions to propel the transportation of the future, dream the impossible and enable the emergence of autonomous and connected vehicles by 2020.
4. Working together to accelerate change, a theme that carefully analyzes every aspect of the transformation of mobility, including ideas to improve cross-country mobility and aims to find solutions to the challenges and questions that are on everyone’s minds.
5. Mobility at the time of circular economy, a theme challenging the traditional economy that has long been a linear system of ‘’make, take and dispose’’ and that forces us to reinvent the wheel — to use less, less often and more smartly.
6. Moonshots in mobility, a theme that takes a deep dive into the world of moonshots that will transform mobility as we know it and shape tomorrow’s means of transportation.
From May 30 to June 1, 2018, in Montréal, more than 4,000 academic, political, business, cities and start-up leaders will share their ideas, expertise and experiences collaborating to bring global, smart, sustainable and multimodal mobility to life.
Presented by Michelin with C2 as organizing partner, Movin’On is the world summit on sustainable mobility. Our belief is that the solutions to tomorrow’s major mobility challenges will come from an ecosystem of academic, political, business, cities and start-up leaders. From May 30 to June 1, 2018, in Montréal, Movin’On will bring together decision-makers, experts and mobility enthusiasts from all over the world. Our common goal will be to move “from ambition to action,” acting on the theme “Bringing global, smart, sustainable and multimodal mobility to life.” For more information or to register, please see movinon.michelin.com/en.
C2 is a global convener on a mission to transform executives and organizations that are ripe for change ― whether they know it or not. In a collaborative context specifically designed to provoke collisions and spark new ideas, C2 gets leaders to challenge their biases, shift their perspectives and explore completely new ways of doing business. C2’s reinvention of the international conference experience started with the annual C2 Montréal event, which has been described as “challenging conventions” by The Economist and “a business conference unlike any other” by the Harvard Business Review. After Zurich, Milan, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Rome and San Francisco, C2 is now expanding its reach across all continents. See c2.biz for more information.
For more information contact:
For more information, contact:
Movin’On Media Relations
About Michelin North America
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The Company has earned a long-standing reputation for building innovative premium tires. In addition to tires, the Company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants. Forbes magazine has ranked Michelin No. 1 on its annual survey of “Best Large Employers in America” for 2018. Learn more about purpose-driven careers with a purpose-driven company at jobs.michelinman.com.