GREENVILLE, S.C., May 29, 2019 — Developed in collaboration with users and manufacturers, the MICHELIN® CargoXBib™ High Flotation (HF) is a low-pressure transport tire, for use with trailers, spreaders and slurry tankers with a high-load capacity in agricultural applications. Now available in 28LR26 and 800/60R32 sizes, the tire is compatible with central tire inflation systems (CTIS).
The MICHELIN CargoXBib HF has a revolutionary new tread design that features 52 blocks with a wide footprint and a shallow tread that helps to reduce the power required to pull trailers. The central rib protects against soil compaction, reduces plant damage and provides comfort on the road. The tire also offers a wear indicator and accepts studs for specific applications.
“The less pressure a tire uses, the less compaction and rutting occur, resulting in higher productivity,” said David Graden, agriculture operational marketing manager for Michelin North America. “Producers are looking for solutions that respect the land while offering a return on investment ─ and the CargoXBib HF tire delivers.”
On the road, this tire is designed to achieve:
- speeds up to 40 mph and helps to improve tread cleanout
- excellent road handling due to the solid rounded shoulders
- easier turning, less scrub and excellent directional stability
- greater wear resistance
- reduction in rolling resistance
- unrivalled casing endurance with its exclusive Michelin Ultraflex casing
In the field, CargoXBib HF is designed with:
- up to a 37% larger footprint1 with excellent grip on side slopes
- low scrub when turning on grass
- very low inflation pressure, as low as 12 psi2, which preserves the soil
Michelin offers producers three CargoXBib HF dimensions that cover more than 90% of the North American slurry tanker market, including the 28LR26 and the 800/60R32. For more information on CargoXBib HF and other MICHELIN tires for agriculture applications, visit www.MichelinAg.com or contact your local Michelin Agriculture tire dealer.